How Stress Can Cause Weight Gain
How to break the cycle of stress
- Make exercise a priority. It can reduce stress and regulate stress-related weight gain.
- Eat healthier comfort foods, such as air-popped popcorn.
- Practice mindful eating. Focus on what you're eating without distractions such as your phone or the TV.
- Keep a food journal. Being more aware of what you eat could improve your eating habits.
- Drink more water. We often confuse thirst for hunger. If you eliminated mild dehydration and you still feel hungry, then grab a healthy snack.
- Incorporate stress-relief strategies such as reading a good book, taking a deep breath, listening to music, or going for a daily walk.
EXPLORE MORE AROUND THESE TOPICS: