Keep reading for FREE
Communicaion is a relational process of creating and interpreting messages that elicit a response.
1. Messages are at the core of coomunication. Whether we're deing with interpersonal messages or texts, messages are central in understanding communication.
2. Messages are usually constructed and deliberate. Even response cries and knee-jerk responses are planned.
3. Messages are open to different kinds of interpretation. We could be listening to the same thing but hearing something totally different from what the interactional partner is saying.
4. Communication is relational - it affects us and our social worlds.
5. Communication is goal-driven.
Communication isn't a feature of a relationship; communication is what constitutes a relationship. We're in a relationship because we talk to each other. (Relational dialectics theory, communication perspective)
reading habits, gather your
remember what you readand stay ahead of the crowd!
Save time with daily digests
No ads, all content is free
Save ideas & add your own
Get access to the mobile app
4.7 App Rating
MORE LIKE THIS