- Listening to music with lyrics is distracting for mostpeople. It’s best to avoid it when working on tasks that require focus or the learning of new information.
- Listening to music with lyrics may help people working on repetitive or mundane tasks.
- Classical or rock music allows people to identify numbers more quickly and accurately.
- Ambient noise, or ambient music, at about 70 decibels can be the best kind of music for work productivity. But increasing it over 85 decibels hurts creativity.
- Searching for the right artist can detract from workplace productivity but, once you know what works for you, music can become a tool for near-instant concentration.
70 people saved this idea