- The Excitation Transfer Process. How you feel AFTER the movie. When watching frightening films, the heart rate, blood pressure and respiration increases. After the film, the physiological arousal lingers. If you had fun with friends, these positive emotions are intensified. If you did not enjoy the company, negative feelings are intensified.
- People are wired differently. About 10 percent of the population enjoys the adrenaline rush.
- Novelty. Everyone pays attention to anomalies in our environment.
- Gender Socialization. Men often like [scary films] as date movies because women are more likely to seek physical closeness when they’re scared, and men can show off their strength and bravery.
- Some people enjoy the adrenaline rushof being scared while being safe.
24 people saved this idea