- The people you interact with the most influence your behavior. Consciously consider whom you allow into your life, and choose to spend more time with those that hold you accountable and encourage you to move forward.
- Those who don’t prepare for the unexpected pay a high price when tackling important issues and are more likely to give up. Things can go wrong, anticipate worst-case scenarios to mitigate or avoid it.
- Acting based on habit can lead to mistakeswhenever the situations at hand mismatch the ones that led to the creation of the habit.
- Be as invested in building yourself as you are in building your professional life. Study yourself, have ideas, develop them and the relationships that further them.
- Ignore the breaking news and focus on what’s in front of you.
- Take pride in your work, but know that it is not all there is.Don’t get so wrapped up in your work that you think you’re immune from the reality of aging and life.
288 people saved this idea