Keep reading for FREE
Give honest, sincere appreciation. Be hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise, and people will cherish your words and treasure them and repeat them over a lifetime - repeat them years after you have forgotten them.
• Be warm and radiate high energy(especially when making introductions and goodbyes)
• Give positive and honest feedback. People are most likely to improve when encouraged.
• Sincere appreciation can only be displayed if you are genuinely interested in the other person. Be interested in learning from the other person.
• Shift your mental awareness away from yourself (ego) to the other person (true appreciation)
Everyone you will ever meet knows something that you don't
Listening is a skill we can all work on.
Be an active listener to truly learn from others and find out the other person's perspective.
• Put yourself in the other person's shoes, look at things from the other person's perspective
• Show that you are actively engaging in listening to what is said, one way to achieve this is " back-channeling".
• Back channeling is providing short and encouraging responses to the speaker to show that you are actively listening to what is said, this also encourages the speaker to continue
• Examples include: "mm-hmm", "totally", "yeah", nodding or shaking of the head, etc.
• Ask questions about the given information
Everyone you meet feels they are special in some way and we all have insecurities.
Rather than always telling stories of your highlights also share your mistakes to be relatable. Nobody is perfect and people are more receptive to those who aren't afraid to point to their shortcomings.
• It's okay to be vulnerable.
• Be honest as this will free you and other people from any shame of who you are.
Never Appear Too Perfect
Appearing better than others is always dangerous, but most dangerous of all is to appear to have no faults or weaknesses. Envy creates silent enemies. It is smart to occasionally display defects, and admit to harmless vices, to deflect envy and appear more human and approachable. Only gods and the dead can seem perfect with impunity.
• We usually remember the first and last parts of interaction this is why it's important to have high energy when you introduce yourself and as you end an interaction.
• Assume that you will see the other person again
Explore the World’s
Take Your Ideas
Just press play and we take care of the words.
No Internet access? No problem. Within the mobile app, all your ideas are available, even when offline.
2 Million Stashers
Great interesting short snippets of informative articles. Highly recommended to anyone who loves information and lacks patience.
This app is LOADED with RELEVANT, HELPFUL, AND EDUCATIONAL material. It is creatively intellectual, yet minimal enough to not overstimulate and create a learning block. I am exceptionally impressed with this app!
Best app ever! You heard it right. This app has helped me get back on my quest to get things done while equipping myself with knowledge everyday.
Don’t look further if you love learning new things. A refreshing concept that provides quick ideas for busy thought leaders.
Even five minutes a day will improve your thinking. I've come across new ideas and learnt to improve existing ways to become more motivated, confident and happier.
Brilliant. It feels fresh and encouraging. So many interesting pieces of information that are just enough to absorb and apply. So happy I found this.
I have only been using it for a few days now, but I have found answers to questions I had never consciously formulated, or to problems I face everyday at work or at home. I wish I had found this earlier, highly recommended!
Great for quick bits of information and interesting ideas around whatever topics you are interested in. Visually, it looks great as well.
Read & Learn
Access to 200,000+ ideas
Access to the mobile app
Unlimited idea saving & library
Unlimited listening to ideas
Downloading & offline access
Supercharge your mind with one idea per day
Enter your email and spend 1 minute every day to learn something new.
I agree to receive email updates