A GOOD CONVERSATION
📚 Notes from Ideas
Keep reading for FREE
Give honest, sincere appreciation. Be hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise, and people will cherish your words and treasure them and repeat them over a lifetime - repeat them years after you have forgotten them.
• Be warm and radiate high energy(especially when making introductions and goodbyes)
• Give positive and honest feedback. People are most likely to improve when encouraged.
• Sincere appreciation can only be displayed if you are genuinely interested in the other person. Be interested in learning from the other person.
• Shift your mental awareness away from yourself (ego) to the other person (true appreciation)
Everyone you will ever meet knows something that you don't
Listening is a skill we can all work on.
Be an active listener to truly learn from others and find out the other person's perspective.
• Put yourself in the other person's shoes, look at things from the other person's perspective
• Show that you are actively engaging in listening to what is said, one way to achieve this is " back-channeling".
• Back channeling is providing short and encouraging responses to the speaker to show that you are actively listening to what is said, this also encourages the speaker to continue
• Examples include: "mm-hmm", "totally", "yeah", nodding or shaking of the head, etc.
• Ask questions about the given information
Everyone you meet feels they are special in some way and we all have insecurities.
Rather than always telling stories of your highlights also share your mistakes to be relatable. Nobody is perfect and people are more receptive to those who aren't afraid to point to their shortcomings.
• It's okay to be vulnerable.
• Be honest as this will free you and other people from any shame of who you are.
Never Appear Too Perfect
Appearing better than others is always dangerous, but most dangerous of all is to appear to have no faults or weaknesses. Envy creates silent enemies. It is smart to occasionally display defects, and admit to harmless vices, to deflect envy and appear more human and approachable. Only gods and the dead can seem perfect with impunity.
• We usually remember the first and last parts of interaction this is why it's important to have high energy when you introduce yourself and as you end an interaction.
• Assume that you will see the other person again
reading habits, gather your
remember what you readand stay ahead of the crowd!
Save time with daily digests
No ads, all content is free
Save ideas & add your own
Get access to the mobile app
4.7 App Rating
Credit:Brielle (ga_brielle) Tips on how to connect with your fellow humans
MORE LIKE THIS
Inflation in a nutshell : Credit to Karla Brown