- Find someone who shouldn’t excel at a skill but does anyway.They’ll have insights that regular experts lack thus giving you more ways to pursue the skill.
- Ignore the details and try to focus on the big picture. Once you grasp the key concepts, the rest should flow more easily.
- Make bite-sized and attainable goalsfor yourself to increase likelihood of success. Having defined deadlines with very actionable tasks will get you to the finish line faster.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, they are part of the learning process. Pushing yourself to get everything right just adds unnecessary stress and pressure.
- Ask for helpeven if you don’t consider yourself a novice. It’s natural to be reluctant but most people are glad to advise and it speeds your learning.
- Reward yourself for the steps you take, just enough to keep you going and to keep the morale up.
99 people saved this idea