- Don't suppress your anxiety. Practice acceptance rather than pushing it away.
- Be mindful. "What do you notice when anxiety shows up? What are you thinking and feeling?"
Invite anxiety along for the ride. Confront your anxieties head on. If you're nervous about public speaking, take point on a presentation.
- Practice self-care.
- Remind yourself that your mind is not always the best advisor. You get to decide whether the thoughts are worthy of your attention.
- Take a break. It actually helps with managing anxiety.
- Stay connected. Social support is vital to managing stress.
- Engage in exercises that relax your body and set your mind at ease.
- Lay off the coffee as it can increase heart rate and physiological symptoms of anxiety.
Seek professional help.
67 people saved this idea