- Try starting a phrase with “I am”followed by an adjective and repeat slowly, as a set of three. Ex: “I am at peace”.
- Remind yourself that nothing lasts forever by repeating "this too will pass" in rhythm with your breath.
- Fit the following affirmation to what you need in the moment: “I am _____, and I deserve every _____ thing.” Ex: “I am beautiful and I deserve every beauty-filled thing.”
- “It’s not about you.” is a mantra that helps with concerns about the opinions of others.
- “All is well.” If repeated several times reminds you hat things are going to be OK.
- Acknowledge the good things in your life during a moment of anxiety by repeating “thank you.”
- Repeating “Calm down” to yourself with deep breathing exercises may be useful.
- “You are lovable.” Is useful if you are feeling stressed or panicked over a loved one.
- “What can I see and experience today that will thrill and amaze me?” will refocus your mind on something positive rather than negative.
208 people saved this idea