- Prepare. Have questions ready to ask new people,such as “How did you get started in your career?" or “What are you passionate about?”
- Find a conference buddyto bring with to your next networking event.
- Be that person. Many feel the same as you do. Forget about yourself and reach out.
- Be present. Once you do start a conversation, ask lots of questions and practice your listening skills.
- So try to relax, smile, and look as warm and casual as you can.
- Challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone just a little bit.
48 people saved this idea