- Look at what your role pays industrywide. Online tools can help you learn what the median pay is for industry, position, and location.
- Avoid asking your colleagues what they're paid.
- Avoid asking for an outlandish increase. Your boss may feel you are totally out of touch with what you are worth and with the company's budget.
- Decide on a target percentage increase. Expect a 3% raise if you met expectations or a 10% - 20% if you're exceeding expectations.
- Know the minimum you'll acceptfor a new salary and stick to it.
- Consider if you would be okay with keeping your salary,but receiving other perks.
49 people saved this idea