- Are you or your partner always worried that the other will break off the relationship?
- Do you need constant assurance that you are loved?
- Do you or your partner come up with little tests to get attention from the other?
- Do you or your partner threaten to leave just so you can be begged to stay?
- Do you or your partner define yourselves by the relationship? Do you have difficulty being alone?
- Is there a lot of tension or intensity in your relationship, and do either of you secretly enjoy the 'drama' of frequent break-ups and reunions?
If you answered 'Yes' to even a few of these questions, you are probably in a codependent relationship.