- Loneliness is as much of a health risk as smoking 15 cigarettes a day, heavy alcohol use, high blood pressure, and obesity.
- Divorce. Some studies show that a good marriage is health-protective. It's not just about being kind. It involves learning to navigate conflict.
- Education. Statistically, for every one life saved by biomedicine, education saves eight. Education is linked to having a life purpose that makes people feel optimistic.
- Stress levels. Positive interactions like hugging someone can improve our response to stress.
- Microaggressions. These are small events that happen during the day but have a cumulative health effect. Fairness, by being aware of our biases can help curb this.
111 people saved this idea