Telemedicine and telehealth
Telemedicine and telehealth involve remote-health-care technologies and services, known as "virtual care."
While virtual care played some role in the health-care industry, 2020 lead people to discover its benefits and shortcomings.
RELATED ARTICLES & IDEAS
Medical services are always going to be at high demand, no matter the area or the circumstances. One way to ensure that people have faster access to medical services, especially in times of crisis,...
Among the most known telehealth services:
- patient portal: you have the possibility to keep track of your health record while being able to communicate securely with your
- virtual doctor appointments: extremely useful for persons who do not need an in-person physical examination
- store and forward: this kind of service enables the electronic transmission of medical documents
- remote patient monitoring: it allows your doctor to monitor your health from the comfort of your home by using wearable devices
- mobile health: through mobile health applications, you can keep better track of your health.
Telehealth and its benefits
Among the benefits of the telehealth:
- better access to medical care: especially for individuals with mobility issues or living far from a doctor
- improves care quality
- reduces care cost: you do not need to travel anymore
- increases patient's satisfaction: especially by saving time.
Deepstash is better on the app. Discover new ideas and get inspired daily.