- Evaluate purchases by cost per use. Higher cost products may last longer, but go unconsidered because of their initial price.
- Spend on experiences, not things, as they give you more happiness for your investment.
- Shop solo to avoid buying unnecessary things due to social influence.
- Spend on the real you, not the person you want to be.
- Ditch the overdraft protection as it often trips people into overspending.
155 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
50 Personal Finance Tips That Will Change the Way You Think About Money
- 3 Financial Basics
- Budgeting Like a Pro
- How to Get Money Motivated
- How to Amp Up Your Earning Potential
- How to Keep Debt at Bay
- How to Shop Smart
- How to Save Right for Retirement
- How To Best Build And Track Your Credit
- How to Get Properly Insured
- How to Prepare for Rainy (Financial) Days
- How to Approach Investing