- It’s much easier to correct a minor issue than a major one. So once you see something, say something.
- The only negative feedback is feedback that doesn’t support future improvement.
- If you cannot think of a way to give your criticism so that it supports future improvement, then keep it to yourself until you can.
- People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
- First agree on the facts. Then discuss the impacts.
- Focus on the behaviors and what someone did rather than what type of person you imagine him or her to be.
- People are much more committed to a solution if they own it.
17 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
7 Ways to Improve Your Ability to Deliver Criticism
- “He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.” Abraham Lincoln
- The Importance Of Negative Feedback
- Don’t Overcomplicate Criticism
- Establishing A Shared Purpose While Criticizing
- “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”Daniel Patri...
- How To Conduct An Argument
- Showing People You Care About An Issue
- “The secret killer of innovation is shame. You can’t measure it, but it is there. Every tim...
- Discuss Behaviors, Not People
- “Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying...
- Don’t Take Ownership
- “The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism.” Wole Soyinka
- A Company’s Role On Personnel Development
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Ability to Deliver Criticism
- The Vicious Circle Of Not Giving Negative Feedback
- Criticism Reception
- “Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain...