- Instead of checking your email endlessly, limit the number of times you check your inbox.
- Get things out of your email and onto your to-do list: If an email requires action beyond a response, then add that task to your to-do list where it belongs.
- Don’t read email, act on it: File, respond, or delete. Otherwise, you are just compounding the mess in your inbox for later.
- Close your email program.
- Keep your emails short and to the point.As well, ensure your “ask” is in the first line.
- Turn off the notifications: They interrupt your day and encourage you to stop your work to check your inbox.
- Don’t check email on your mobile device: If you are using your phone for communication, utilize more immediate forms of communication such as Slack, iMessage, and more.
17 people saved this idea