- Learning Consultant: The mentor must help the learner to clarify his goals and identify the learning style needed.
- Coach: The mentor should have the will to help the learner explore the problem and try new ways of working.
- Counselor: When the learner is struggling to think, the mentor could listen, reflect, and clarify to help the learner gain insight.
- Adviser or Information Resource: Share insights with the learner for faster and better understanding.
- Role Model: Sometimes, the learner does not only learn from what the mentor teaches, but from how the mentor acts.
- Critical Friend: The mentor can also simply be a friend, however, it is the most difficult because it requires the willingness to listen, encourage, draw out, reflect, challenge, and provide feedback about ideas.
9 people saved this idea