- It’s behavior suppressing powers usually disappears when the threat of punishment is removed.
- It often triggers a fight-or-flight response and renders us aggressive if escape is not an option.
- It inhibits the ability to learn new and better responses,often leading to responses such as escape, aggression, and learned helplessness
- Punishment also fails to show subjects what they must doand instead focuses on what not to do.
- It isoften applied unequally as we are ruled by biasin our assessment of who deserves to be punished.
21 people saved this idea