- Sweat out your stress with a high intensity workout. Or do the opposite: completely wind down in a tai chi class.
- Spend time with someone who makes you laugh.
- Grab some pencils and a colouring book. While you’re colouring in, you are slowing your thoughts and using your creativity.
- Dance around the house to your favourite music.
- Head outside for fresh air and a close encounter with the natural environment.
- Turning off your screens and devices can help you switch off your thinking. On the flip side, watching a funny movie or talking to someone on Facetime can help you feel better too.
- Eat a banana or a potato.These foods have potassium, which can improve your body’s energy and recovery.
- Find a repetitive activity, such as knitting, wood carving or making jewellery. The simple act of repeating a skill with your hands can relieve stress.
179 people saved this idea