Learn more about food with this collection
The benefits of a ketogenic diet
The science behind the ketogenic diet
The potential risks of a ketogenic diet
- are the softest in texture.
- viscous preparation of oils and/or fats, a type of lotion used specifically for medicinal purposes. Think of them as topical emollients that directly address only one skin concern.
- are typically used for purposes that are antiseptic or geared towards heightened skin conditions, such as excessively dry skin and other medical concerns such as eczema, itchy skin, irritation or rashes.
= BUTTERS + VEGETABLE OILS/HERBAL OILS + BEESWAX OR OTHER WAX + ANTIOXIDANT
- anhydrous formulation
- can be formulated to target specific areas of the body, like the lips or a handful of concerns
- has the same ingredients as a salve, but has a higher beeswax content
a. giving them a harder, thicker consistency that is able to keep its shape and not be absorbed completely by the skin
b. more protective, forming more of a barrier on the skin, and suitable for deodorant and lip products
= HERBAL OIL/S + BEESWAX* + SOMETIMES OTHER VEGETABLE OILS, E.G. TAMANU OIL
(antioxidant, uncommon but if needed feel free to add)
- a subset of the ointment category.
- are typically softer than balms yet harder than traditional ointments. has lower ratio of beeswax (think more of a 1:4 ratio of wax to oil) or sometimes no beeswax at all
- are frequently infused with herbs or essential oils to treat wounds and sores.
If you put butters into a salve this becomes a body balm or butter, depending on amount of beeswax.
- combination of oils and water to create a hydrating topical treatment.
- If one adds water and/or hydrosols and/or aloe vera gel into a butter formulation, the end product would technically be called an emulsion (water + oil), also known as a cream or lotion, depending on water content.
- Creams and lotion are emulsions, meaning a combination of oil and water along with an emulsifier, such as emulsifying wax NF or olivem 1000.
- can vary from thicker to more light in texture
Jack of all people-related trades, master of none. Majored in Psychology, Customer Service Assoc for a few Years, HR Officer for 4, Manager and ESL Teacher for over 11 yrs now, an artist since birth.
Why buy expensive treatments when you can make your own minus the dangerous chemicals
More like this
How to Stock a Modern Pantry
Tips to stay hydrated the right way during the summer
Marinating: A Guide to How it Works and What it Does
Explore the World’s
Take Your Ideas
Just press play and we take care of the words.
No Internet access? No problem. Within the mobile app, all your ideas are available, even when offline.
2 Million Stashers
This app is LOADED with RELEVANT, HELPFUL, AND EDUCATIONAL material. It is creatively intellectual, yet minimal enough to not overstimulate and create a learning block. I am exceptionally impressed with this app!
Great interesting short snippets of informative articles. Highly recommended to anyone who loves information and lacks patience.
Best app ever! You heard it right. This app has helped me get back on my quest to get things done while equipping myself with knowledge everyday.
Don’t look further if you love learning new things. A refreshing concept that provides quick ideas for busy thought leaders.
I have only been using it for a few days now, but I have found answers to questions I had never consciously formulated, or to problems I face everyday at work or at home. I wish I had found this earlier, highly recommended!
Brilliant. It feels fresh and encouraging. So many interesting pieces of information that are just enough to absorb and apply. So happy I found this.
Even five minutes a day will improve your thinking. I've come across new ideas and learnt to improve existing ways to become more motivated, confident and happier.
Great for quick bits of information and interesting ideas around whatever topics you are interested in. Visually, it looks great as well.
Read & Learn
Access to 200,000+ ideas
Access to the mobile app
Unlimited idea saving & library
Unlimited listening to ideas
Downloading & offline access
Supercharge your mind with one idea per day
Enter your email and spend 1 minute every day to learn something new.
I agree to receive email updates