Keep reading for FREE
When it comes to things that are funny, chemistry jokes and chemistry puns aren’t always top of mind. But as it turns out, there’s a lot of dad joke material to be made from protons, electrons, and the periodic table. Chemistry may seem like a serious topic, but those who know it best have managed to make some seriously funny jokes out of it.
The genius of chemistry jokes is that they require an understanding of basic chemistry principles: Those with background chemistry knowledge will be in on the chemistry joke, and those who lack an understanding have reason to learn to roll with the chemistry puns. That vaguely aspirational quality makes them the perfect learning tool — and good, wholesome fun in the dad joke tradition. These funny chemistry jokes will definitely get — wait for it — a reaction.
8. Hey, want to hear a joke about potassium? …K.h
9. Why are atoms not considered trustworthy? They make up everything.
10.:Why do chemists find it easy to work with ammonia? It’s pretty basic.
11. What do you say when someone throws sodium chloride at you? “That’s a salt.”
12. Why shouldn’t you drink water while studying? It decreases your concentration!
13. Why did Avogadro love golf? He always got a mole in one!
14. What do you call an acid with attitude? A-mean-o-acid.
15. How often does a chemist need coffee? They need caffeine periodically.
16. How do you insult someone who’s good looking? You’re so basic, you’re a 10 on the pH scale.
17. What do you say when you run out of chemistry jokes? “I should zinc of new ones.”
18. What did their friends say when they found out oxygen and magnesium were dating? “O-Mg.”
19. What did one acid say to the other? “You’re overreacting.”
20. What did the cat say after drinking methanol? “MeOH MeOH.”
21. Why was the DJ called DJ Enzyme? He was always breaking it down.
22. Are you full of beryllium, gold, and titanium? Because you are BeAuTi-Full.
23. What did the atom say at the electron sale? “One cation’s trash is another anion’s treasure.”
24. What did the chemist say when there was an explosion in the lab? “Oxidants happen.”
25. Why do chemists like nitratesso much? They are cheaper than day rates.
26. Old chemists never die. Why? They just stop reacting.
27. Why is organic chemistry so hard? The subject has alkynes of trouble.
28. What did one charged atom say to the other? “I got my ion you.”
29. What did the thermometer say to the graduated cylinder? “You may have graduated, but I’ve got many degrees.”
30. Why should you go drinking with neutrons? Because wherever they go, there’s no charge!
31. Why do Florium, Uranium, and Nitrogen always have such a blast? Because they’re FUN.
32. What happened when carbon and hydrogen went on a date? They really bonded.
33. Why does a hamburger have less energy than a steak? Because it’s in the ground state!
34. What do you call a clown in jail? A silicon!
35. Want to hear a joke about nitrogen oxide? NO!
36. Chemists are so happy in the lab because they’re in their element.
37. Titanium is an amorous metal. When it gets hot, it will combine with anything!
38. What do the other elements say about hydrogen? “He’s such a loner!”
39. What is HIJKLMNO? H2O!
40. What do you do with a sick chemist? If you can’t helium, and you can’t curium, then you might as well barium.
41. What do chemists call a benzene ring where the carbon atoms are replaced with iron atoms? A ferrous wheel.
42. Why did the white bear dissolve in water? Because it was polar!
43. What element derives from a Norse god? Thorium.
Ready for the next level?
Read Like a Pro
Explore the World’s
Take Your Ideas
Just press play and we take care of the words.
No Internet access? No problem. Within the mobile app, all your ideas are available, even when offline.
2 Million Stashers
Don’t look further if you love learning new things. A refreshing concept that provides quick ideas for busy thought leaders.
Great interesting short snippets of informative articles. Highly recommended to anyone who loves information and lacks patience.
Best app ever! You heard it right. This app has helped me get back on my quest to get things done while equipping myself with knowledge everyday.
This app is LOADED with RELEVANT, HELPFUL, AND EDUCATIONAL material. It is creatively intellectual, yet minimal enough to not overstimulate and create a learning block. I am exceptionally impressed with this app!
Even five minutes a day will improve your thinking. I've come across new ideas and learnt to improve existing ways to become more motivated, confident and happier.
Brilliant. It feels fresh and encouraging. So many interesting pieces of information that are just enough to absorb and apply. So happy I found this.
Great for quick bits of information and interesting ideas around whatever topics you are interested in. Visually, it looks great as well.
I have only been using it for a few days now, but I have found answers to questions I had never consciously formulated, or to problems I face everyday at work or at home. I wish I had found this earlier, highly recommended!
Read & Learn
Access to 200,000+ ideas
Access to the mobile app
Unlimited idea saving & library
Unlimited listening to ideas
Downloading & offline access
Claim Your Limited Offer
Get Deepstash Pro