Ideas from books, articles & podcasts.
created 8 ideas
by Cal Newport
□ Minimize the shallow.
• Shallow work includes a low level of focus and consists of tasks that can be performed while distracted. These tasks don’t create new value.
• It is much more satisfying to create something extraordinary that only you can cre...
□ Master hard things quickly.
• Focus on developing your high-level skills, and you will be m...
□ Produce at an elite level.
□ Deliberate practice.
• Uninterrupted concentration, no distractions.
• To be great at ...
2 Core abilities:
1. Master hard things quickly.
•High quality work produced = time spent x intensity of focus
• More intensity of focus, less time spent
• Attention residue - when you switch from some Task A to another Task B, your attention doesn’t immediately follow—a residue of your attention re...
❤️ Brainstash Inc.