Premise : When humans started agriculture, different species of plants adapted in various ways to make use of agriculture.
1. More than usual produce :
Some plants, like wheat started producing bigger seeds than usual so that humans would select them.
2. Losing the protection :
Seeds like almond which in wild could be poisonous and bitter, turned sweet and edible so that humans can harvest them.
3. A step in the opposite :
In the wild, pods are designed to burst open after ripening, to disperse easily. However, the ones that didn't burst, were chosen by humans as food and cultivated.
Premise : In the book "Anna Karenina" it is stated that 'Happy families are all alike;every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
J. Diamond uses this analogy to suggest why some species were domesticated and others not.
1. Elephants were seemingly rejected because of the gestation period. It becomes difficult to ramp up breeding such a species.
2. Zebras are not easy to be roped or tamed, along with their nasty attacking habits. Thus though they are close to donkeys and horses, they aren't domesticated.
3. Gazzele and antelopes due to their panicking nature and irregular social structure.
The two important factors that lead a disease to become a epidemic, is
How does this reflect in the symptoms.
1. Involuntary spread : Symptoms like sneezing and diarrhea, cause the patient to spread the germs into nearby humans.
2. No manifestation : Diseases like AIDS don't manifest long time after the infection, allowing the infection to spread undetected.
3. Behaviour change : Rabies causes dogs to bite, like many other diseases that transmit from animals to humans.
Explore the World’s
Take Your Ideas
Just press play and we take care of the words.
No Internet access? No problem. Within the mobile app, all your ideas are available, even when offline.
2 Million Stashers
Great interesting short snippets of informative articles. Highly recommended to anyone who loves information and lacks patience.
This app is LOADED with RELEVANT, HELPFUL, AND EDUCATIONAL material. It is creatively intellectual, yet minimal enough to not overstimulate and create a learning block. I am exceptionally impressed with this app!
Best app ever! You heard it right. This app has helped me get back on my quest to get things done while equipping myself with knowledge everyday.
Don’t look further if you love learning new things. A refreshing concept that provides quick ideas for busy thought leaders.
Great for quick bits of information and interesting ideas around whatever topics you are interested in. Visually, it looks great as well.
Even five minutes a day will improve your thinking. I've come across new ideas and learnt to improve existing ways to become more motivated, confident and happier.
I have only been using it for a few days now, but I have found answers to questions I had never consciously formulated, or to problems I face everyday at work or at home. I wish I had found this earlier, highly recommended!
Brilliant. It feels fresh and encouraging. So many interesting pieces of information that are just enough to absorb and apply. So happy I found this.
Read & Learn
Access to 200,000+ ideas
Access to the mobile app
Unlimited idea saving & library
Unlimited listening to ideas
Downloading & offline access
Supercharge your mind with one idea per day
Enter your email and spend 1 minute every day to learn something new.
I agree to receive email updates