- Eat. If your blood sugar is low, you are far more likely to succumb to destructive impulses.
- Exercise releases GABA, a neurotransmitter that makes your brain feel soothed and keeps you in control of your impulses.
- Sleep. When you are tired, your brain cells’ ability to absorb glucose is highly diminished.
- Ride the Wave. Desire has a strong tendency to ebb and flow like the tide. Waiting out this wave of desire is usually enough to keep yourself in control.
- Forgive Yourself when you slip up. Focus on what you’re going to do to improve yourself in the future.
1102 people saved this idea