- Forbid yourself from using certain kinds of words, such as adjectives or adverbs.
- Force yourself to write from a different perspective than you usually do, or in a different style.
- Break up someone else’s writing and try to reproduce it on your own, such as by trying to recreate their structure, word choice, or other elements.
- Writing articles or stories within a certain fixed timeframe.
- Force yourself to convey ideas in extremely compact forms, like tweets or haikus.
253 people saved this idea