- From the start, speak at least an hour a day in the language. Have varied conversations.
- Ensure that your conversation is improving—not just “general language skills” through some vague list of words.
- Lots of practice and study to improve those spoken sessions tends to get you to lower intermediate level.
- This is the point to return to academic material and grammar books, to tidy up what you have.
- To get into the mastery, start reading newspapers, technical blog posts, or other articles that won’t exactly be “light reading.”
308 people saved this idea