- Reject the diet mentality. The diet mentality is the idea that there’s a diet out there that will work for you.
- Respond to your early signs of hunger by feeding your body.
Foodis not good or bad and you are not good or bad for what you eat or don’t eat.
- Respect your fullness. Just as your body tells you when it’s hungry, it also tells you when it’s full.
- Discover the satisfaction factor. When you make eating a pleasurable experience, you may find it takes less food to satisfy you.
- Honor your feelings without using food. Find ways that are unrelated to food to deal with your feelings.
- Respect your body, rather than criticizing your body.
- Exercise — feel the difference
- Honor your health— gentle nutrition. One meal or snack isn’t going to make or break your health.
79 people saved this idea