- Sit comfortably.
- Notice what your legs and arms are doing.
- Straighten your upper body—but don’t stiffen.
- Soften your gaze. Drop your chin a little and let your gaze fall gently downward. It’s not necessary to close your eyes.
- Feel your breath. Bring your attention to the physical sensation of breathing.
- Notice when your mind wanders from your breath.
- Be kind about your wandering mind. Practice observing them without reacting.
- When you’re ready, gently lift your gaze. Take a moment and notice any sounds in the environment.
150 people saved this idea