- Set up a meeting — in person. Approach the subject diplomatically, with an upbeat, positive demeanor.
- Practice beforehand. Practice the discussion until it's free of emotion and nerves.
Consider using the 'gentle startup' technique:"When I calculate the value I've contributed to this company, I feel happy to know that I've added $$$. Now, I need my salary to reflect my contributions."
- Explore the data of how you've exceeded. Don't spare any detail in how you've benefited the company.
- Deliver with confidence. You have to sell yourself, just like it's a job interview.
- Don't compare yourself to other colleagues, focus on your own career path and goals.
- Remember it's not about you. Connect yourself to the company, and how you fit in there.
47 people saved this idea