A Book Buddy can take a lot of different forms:
- It can basically be a book club of two, where you read the same book at the same time and meet regularly to discuss it.
- It can also be a friend with whom you share similar taste in books and occasionally swap recommendations and quick thoughts.
- They could be someone you admire as a thinker and reader and occasionally ask for recommendations from—almost like a reading mentor.
- It could be an accountability partner, someone you agree to check in with periodically and who will keep you accountable for a reading intention or goal you set.
- You could even have a Book Buddy who’s essentially a training partner, someone you compete against, perhaps by setting a mutual challenge and using that as fuel to read more.