When your brain meditates it gets better at attention, focus, stress management, impulse control, and self-awareness.
How to meditate:
- Sit still and stay put.
- Sit in a chair with feet flat on the ground or cross-legged on a mat.
- Sit up straight and put your hands in your lap. Do not fidget.
- Turn your attention to the breath. Say in your mind, inhale and exhale.
- Notice how it feels to breathe and notice how the mind wanders. Drop the labels, inhale and exhale after a few minutes, notice how it feels to breathe.
- Start with just 5 minutes a day.