- Active reading: is reading with the conscious intention to understand, integrate and evaluate the information you’re reading.
- Passive reading: where you just take the words in.
734 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
The Complete Guide to Effective Reading
- Learning has 2 phases
- Remembering the right things
- Mental models and learning
- Active reading vs. passive reading
- Mind mapping
- Written active recall
- “Nothing so much assists learning as writing down what we wish to remember.”
- The QEC method
- Put your unconsciousness to work
- Engage in active recall
- The cycle of learning