- When a request comes to you in person, pause and count to three before delivering your decision.
- Explain that you are focused on other things right now but would love to get together when you can.
- Request that you will check your calendar and get back to them. This will give you time to pause and assess your priorities.
- Use Vacation responders even on days when you are at work, letting the emailers know that you are busy for a few hours doing focussed work.
- Let your bosses know that doing the assigned task will mean less priority to the other tasks.
- Clarify exactly what you are willing to do and what you aren't willing.
- Suggest Someone else who might help the person in a better way.
143 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
Top 10 Steve Jobs Success Secrets for Insane Productivity
- Focus on what matters
- “Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do. It’s true for companies, a...
- Seek Simplicity
- Saying NO: Steve Jobs style
- Find and do what you Love
- Focus on the essentials of your life
- Mastering the Message
- Think different
- Delegate tasks
- Connect the dots
- Live in the Future