The goal of cognitive reappraisal is not to turn off your negative thoughts. It is to take a step back and ground your thoughts in reality.
- Recognize when you're busy with a negative path and stop yourself.
- Write down your thoughts and identify what specifically triggered them.
- Challenge your assumptions. Are they true?
- Look for evidence to the contrary. Write all the things down that counter your self-doubt.
- Laugh at yourself. If you think you are bad, tell yourself you're the worst. It will help to show the absurdity of your negative thoughts.