Elements that produce a healthy balance in relationships:
- Attention: The emotional needs of both partners are being met.
- Influence: Both partners can engage with and emotionally affect the other.
- Accommodation: Most decisions are made jointly.
- Respect: Each partner has positive regard, respect, and admiration for the other person.
- Selfhood: Each partner can be their own person both within and outside of the relationship.
- Vulnerability: Each partner is willing to admit faults, weakness or uncertainties in themselves.
- Fairness: Both partners feel that the responsibilities and duties are divided in a way that supports each person.