- Study your anger: It’s hard to prevent something if you don’t know what causes it.
- Avoid triggers: Now that you know what causes your anger, stay away from those things.
- Train your mind: Practice mindfulness exercises.
- Break the loop: Address the physical elements, the thoughts and the behaviors that are associated with your anger and you can prevent it from spiraling out of control.
- Ride the wave: Put mindfulness into action. Note the thoughts, feel the feelings, but don’t do anything that’s going to get you jail time.
619 people saved this idea