- Try Journaling: Putting words to our emotions often helps us understand them in a new way, and process them more effectively.
- Schedule writing into your routine: e.g. Morning pages.
- Find inspiration in music: Put on a random playlist and transcribe the images, memories and emotions that the music evokes for you.
- Practice letter writing: Unspoken thoughts or feelings can feel like a heavy burden to carry. Consider putting these sentiments into a letter.
- Expressing gratitude: Writing about people or experiences that we feel grateful for can help us maintain focus on the aspects of life that are hopeful and meaningful.
56 people saved this idea