- Don’t praise ability or intelligence: That promotes a fixed mindset. Compliment effort, process and choices.
- Don’t ignore outcome, tie it to effort: You can be happy about success, but attribute it to effort.
- Respond positively to failure: Failure isn’t bad, it’s a tool for improving.
- Don’t just say “Try hard.” Set goals: Blind repetition doesn’t work.
- Practice a Growth mindset in all areas of life: There’s no area where they cannot improve with hard work.
- Share your own Growth mindset efforts: Practice it yourself and share your results.
493 people saved this idea