- Use Headphones: Coworkers will think you can’t hear them and the barrier to interrupt you is much higher
- Work Remotely: start by asking for a half-day, preferably mornings
- Email: treat email as a to-do and schedule it in your calendar twice per day
- Disable Phone Notifications: disable all notifications. If it’s truly urgent, people will call
- Schedule Internet Time: schedule in advance when you’ll use the Internet and avoid it outside of those times.
- Clear to Neutral: at the end of the day, close all your tabs and programs, delete or move all the files from Downloads, empty the trash, and shut off your computer.
472 people saved this idea