- Don't answer calls from unrecognized phone numbers. Don't waste time knowing the one who called, leave it in the voicemail.
- Do not e-mail first thing in the morning or last thing at night to stop you from scrambling your schedule and difficulty of sleep.
- Do not agree to meetings or calls with no clear agenda or end time. Ask for it in advance for preparation.
- Do not let people ramble. Always get to the point.
- Do not check e-mail constantly— “batch” and check at set times only.
- Do not over-communicate with low-profit, high-maintenance customers.
- Do not work more to fix overwhelm — prioritize. Know what is urgent and important.
- Do not carry a cellphone 24/7 to prevent your personal life interrupted by work.
- Do not expect work to fill a void that non-work relationships and activities should.
338 people saved this idea