- View conflict as opportunity. Learn to see conflict as a valuable look beneath the surface of your organization.
- Respect your adversary. Pride is the primary obstacle to transforming conflict.
- Identify primary issues. Always look beyond the presenting issue to name the real problem.
- Envision a shared future. Begin with the question “How can we create something better for both of us?”
- Know when to quit. If the other party is committed to being contentious, you may need to walk away—or at least maintain a holding pattern.
- Capture the learning. Capture—and communicate—the lessons from the current conflict so they help you navigate a future one.
49 people saved this idea