- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- Never say, “You’re wrong.” Respect the other person’s opinions.
- If you are wrong, admit it.
- Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
- Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
- Try to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
363 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
How to Win Friends and Influence People: The Best Summary
- Techniques in Handling People
- 6 ways to make people like you
- Win people to your way of thinking
- Change People Without Offense
- "When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We a...
- "The only way on earth to influence other people is to talk about what they want and show t...
- "If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s po...