- The processes, policies, and busy work gets in the way.
- Most jobs don’t have a clear goal.
- Feedback can be inadequate.
- The pace of work has increased, and it’s hard for people to spend time thinking deeply.
- Your skills aren’t well matched to the challenges you are allowed to pursue.
- There’s a lack of control over interruptions or when and how you work.
- The job doesn’t push you out of your comfort zone.
115 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
Why you're not finding Flow at work (and what to do about it)
- Flow is the state of mind
- Why it’s hard to achieve flow in your workplace
- Take more risks
- “In Silicon Valley, the idea is to fail fast or fail forward. If you’re not giving employee...
- Practice deliberately
- Use job crafting
- Block flow-killing distractions
- Learn new skills and get feedback
- "The best moments occur when a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a volunt...
- “This takes practice. You need to start on your chosen task and keep your focus on it for a...