- Create something worth building a community around. A good enough product may even form its own community independently.
- Identify the groups of people forming around your products and recruit them to build a community.
- Assign someone the task of building a community.
- Makesure your product is somewhat customizable, extensible, and malleable.
- Create an open system by giving the community a documentation and tools to tweak your product.
- Welcome criticism.
- Foster the exchange of ideas and opinions. Providing forums for customers and company employees to interact yields valuable insight.
- Publicize the existence of the community. It should be an integral part of your sales and marketing efforts.
35 people saved this idea