- The goal of small talk is to build a bridge between people. Subject is irrelevant, as long as you have one.
- Focus on what you'd like to learn about others and things you enjoy talking about.
- Ask follow-up questions and listen between the lines as well.
- Do not bring up emotionally upsetting topics.
- Avoid having one-sided conversations. If no one else knows or is interested in what you’re talking about, don't go into detail about it.
- The best small talk topics are those to which everyone can relate.
48 people saved this idea