The ONE Thing - Deepstash

Explore the World's Best Ideas

Join today and uncover 100+ curated journeys from 50+ topics. Unlock access to our mobile app with extensive features.

1#The Mind Is Like A Phone Battery

1#The Mind Is Like A Phone Battery

We all have a gauge of will power that is full as we start the day and depletes itself as we go through different tasks during the day.

Sometimes our problems seem unsolvable whereas we just depleted our "mind battery 🔋" and in that situation even the smallest issues or tasks become extremely difficult.

20

211 reads

Now, What Can We Do About That ?

Now, What Can We Do About That ?

First things first, we should start the day with the most important task while our battery is at the fullest. Then we can move to the other tasks of the day.

However, we must keep in mind that our tasks aren't equal in importance. Subsequently, we have to establish 2 lists :

  • One of all the tasks that deplete our battery but doesn't add much to our lives
  • And one of all the activities that reload our battery

20

184 reads

Assessing The Importance Of Your Tasks

Assessing The Importance Of Your Tasks

  • Some of your tasks are important but take too much of your time while having to little output (like doing groceries, cooking, cleaning...). Those tasks should all be delegated one way or another unless it's your passion.
  • Other tasks are completely useless but we still keep doing them to feel productive but doing even 100 of them won't ever equal doing 1 important task, so just get them out of your mind and time.

18

155 reads

GARY KELLER

"Being busy doesn't mean being productive"

GARY KELLER

21

184 reads

How To Reload Your Will Power ?

How To Reload Your Will Power ?

We all have specific activities in which can recharge our battery but in general things like eating healthy food and having a good-quality sleep works.

But you shouldn't restrict yourself to only that and look for as much recharging activities as you can that work on you (try music, journalling, sports...).

And keep in mind that activities that include immediate gratification are never really recharging. We just trick our brain into thinking that to feel less guilty bu the truth is the more we are able to delay the gratification the better odds of success we have in our journey.

20

137 reads

2# Multitasking Is A Myth

2# Multitasking Is A Myth

There is nothing more depleting for our brain, our focus and our will power than constant interruptions that move us from one task to another in a short period of time.

In average, it takes 25 min for the brain to enter in state of deep focus (by the way that's why techniques such as the pomodoro technique don't work).

Many of us give up to distractions and procrastinate due to that, they want to believe that they are able to do many things at once but that only leads to shallow work.

So always be all in on ONE THING until it's done then move to another thing.

20

134 reads

3# The Rule Of Pareto (20/80)

3# The Rule Of Pareto (20/80)

As counter intuitive as it may seem, only 20% of your work generate 80% of your results.

Now, what does that mean ? Does it mean that working is useless as it doesn't yeild the expected results ? NO

It means that all tasks aren't equal and that only 20% of what you do deserves your time, energy and focus. So look for those 20% and get rid or delegate the other 80%.

Everyday ask yourself : What are the 20% of actions that I can do today that will have the greatest impact on my life ?

20

132 reads

CURATED BY

amineboumahdi

An idle mind is the devil workshop. Snapchat : amine-mhdboumah

CURATOR'S NOTE

3 lessons from The One Thing by Gary Keller

Curious about different takes? Check out our The ONE Thing Summary book page to explore multiple unique summaries written by Deepstash users.

More like this

The ONE Thing

6 ideas

The ONE Thing

Gary Keller

The ONE Thing

11 ideas

The ONE Thing

Gary Keller

The ONE Thing

4 ideas

The ONE Thing

Gary Keller

Read & Learn

20x Faster

without
deepstash

with
deepstash

with

deepstash

Access to 200,000+ ideas

Access to the mobile app

Unlimited idea saving & library

Unlimited history

Unlimited listening to ideas

Downloading & offline access

Personalized recommendations

Supercharge your mind with one idea per day

Enter your email and spend 1 minute every day to learn something new.

Email

I agree to receive email updates