Don’t Set Out To Build a Wall. Do This Instead - Deepstash
Don’t Set Out To Build a Wall. Do This Instead

Don’t Set Out To Build a Wall. Do This Instead

Curated from: samuelthomasdavies.com

Ideas, facts & insights covering these topics:

2 ideas

·

4.39K reads

27

Explore the World's Best Ideas

Join today and uncover 100+ curated journeys from 50+ topics. Unlock access to our mobile app with extensive features.

Will Smith

"You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t start by saying, ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest wall that’s ever been built.’ You don’t start there. You say, ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.’ If you do that every single day, soon you will have a wall."

WILL SMITH

204

3.81K reads

Bringing enthusiasm to your daily work

It’s not enough to show up (at work, in our relationships, or for our goals). Attendance alone won’t turn the tide. No one aced the exam because they showed up.

Instead, we must show up with unbridled enthusiasm. If 90 percent of success is showing up, enthusiasm, perhaps then, is the other 10 percent.

Having enthusiasm is easier said than done, of course. We all “go through the motions” at times and question our motivation. Is this goal still important to me? Is this what I want?

91

576 reads

IDEAS CURATED BY

mbyrne

Businessman, entrepreneur, thinker. Working on the

Mohamed Byrne's ideas are part of this journey:

Digital Wellbeing

Learn more about personaldevelopment with this collection

How to manage digital distractions

The impact of technology on mental health

The importance of setting boundaries

Related collections

Read & Learn

20x Faster

without
deepstash

with
deepstash

with

deepstash

Personalized microlearning

100+ Learning Journeys

Access to 200,000+ ideas

Access to the mobile app

Unlimited idea saving

Unlimited history

Unlimited listening to ideas

Downloading & offline access

Supercharge your mind with one idea per day

Enter your email and spend 1 minute every day to learn something new.

Email

I agree to receive email updates