Dancing Isn't Just Fun -- It's Really Good For Your Health
- Dancing is a great all-round cardio workout.
- Dancing is fun in the way a monotonous treadmill run probably never will be.
- It can be a social activity and working out together can help to up the difficulty level and increase accountability.
- Anyone can dance. "It's about you moving your body in your way not like the rest of the people in the class."
- It can keep your brain sharp. According to one study, getting footloose on a regular basis is linked with a 76 % reduction in dementia risk.
- It's gentle on the body. Dancing is more free, allowing you to adjust the tempo when your body needs a break.
- A research review found that dancing, as well as carrying objects while walking, can help to improve balance.
- You don't need a lot of equipment.
EXPLORE MORE AROUND THESE TOPICS: