- Visit your primary care doctor. Your symptoms may be from another condition with similar symptoms.
- Ensure your chosen mental health professional is well versed in cognitive behavioral therapy, which involves the active restructuring of anxious thoughts and behaviors.
- Consider skipping the caffeine and other stimulants that may exacerbate anxiety.
- Exercise. Research indicates that routine exercise wards off the development of panic-related disorders.
- Remind yourself that it’s okay to be anxious—in fact, the more demand you put on yourself to not be anxious, the more stressed you become.
- Recognize, identify and cope with your anxiety to stay in control.
64 people saved this idea